Create educational content with these open source tools
1. OBS Studio
Open Broadcast Studio (OBS) is a free and open source software for video recording and live streaming compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux. It allows you to record and stream and much more.
For the whiteboarding, there are couple of free softwares available in the market. Most notable ones are Flathub, OpenBoard, Flatpak and Xournal++
3. Video & Sound editing
Most of students are using free & opensource software to create amazing content nowadays. Following applications have full support for hardware encoding with Nvidia and other known graphic cards.
An example workflow would be as following;
- Import the recording into Shotcut
- Extract the audio, save it to an audio file
- Import it into Audacity, normalize and amplify the audio, maybe do some noise reduction
- Save the audio to a new file
- Import the new audio file into Shotcut, align it with the audio-free video, and cut appropriately
- Export into an MP4 video